Sexual Health Wirral is delivered by a team of health professionals including doctors, nurses, therapists plus managers and administrators. We operate Monday to Saturday across five venues in Wirral with various options for clinic based care and choices of remote care ie) online STI kits , contraception postal service, screening tests at various community locations, as well as delivering some services via our GP and Pharmacy colleagues in community locations.
We provide free and confidential contraception and sexual health services for people living in Wirral.
Our walk-in and wait and appointment only clinics provide STI & HIV testing, results management, treatment for STI infections and several methods of contraception. Some of the services we offer are more specialised and require an appointment in advance or attendance at a doctor led clinic or a referral from a GP/health professional.
We can help you find the right appointment or clinic when we speak to you and assess your needs, or our online booking service can help route you to the right care.
Our service is confidential and non-judgemental and inclusive.
Sexual Health Wirral is more than just a clinic. We also offer:
– Online booking for appointments at a time to suit you
– The National Chlamydia Screening Programme (NCSP) for 15-24 year olds living in Wirral
– Free postal testing kits – chlamydia, syphilis, gonorrhoea and HIV (16+ only)
– Interpreters (to be booked in advance)
– Specialist clinics for young people aged 19 and under, six days a week
– Weekend and evening clinics
– Psychosexual service (referral only)
– Specialist doctor led clinics
– Easy read materials (available upon request )
– Emergency contraception and sexual health support from our partner pharmacies
– Long acting reversible contraception (LARC) and sexual health support from our partner GPs
Sexual Health and Wellbeing is important for everyone. We understand that some of our patients may need additional support to help them when accessing our service. If you, a family member or somebody you care for has any additional needs or learning difficulties our Link Team can provide support.
Carers and health professionals are welcome to talk to us about their patients and the possibility of arranging a consultation with the Link Team.
Who is this aimed at?
For people living in Wirral.
We operate Monday to Saturday across five venues in Wirral.
Please check the Sexual Health Wirral website for times for various services.
The Freephone enquiries number is available Monday to Friday from 8am to 6pm
Based at Gemini Centre, St Catherine’s Health Centre, Derby Road, Birkenhead, Wirral CH42 0LQ
Clinics are at various locations in Wirral, please visit the Sexual Health Wirral website for details.
This is free to access.
How to get involved
Please visit the Sexual Health Wirral for the more information.
Freephone: 0300 123 5474
Link Team (for additional needs)
Phone: 0151 514 6471
For further information
For more information about Sexual Health Wirral search Sexual Health Wirral in this directory.
Visit the Sexual Health Wirral website
Visit the Sexual Health Wirral Facebook page