We are here, whatever the weather, to offer hope, empathy and support for every parent or network affected by perinatal mental illness.
PaNDAS is a community offering peer-to-peer support for you, your family and your network.
What is PND?
Postnatal depression (PND) is a type of depression that many parents experience after having a baby. It can affect any parent, regardless of whether they’ve suffered from a mental health condition before. Postnatal depression is linked directly to giving birth and is a common problem, affecting 1 in 10 women within a year of giving birth. It can also affect dads and partners.
- Prenatal depression
- Postnatal depression
- Perinatal mental health
- Birth trauma
How we can support you:
- Call our free helpline – We have a team of trained and dedicated volunteers, many of whom are studying and/or working within healthcare, midwifery or health services. Please call our free helpline for support and advice with empathy. Our lines are open 7 days a week, 11am until 10pm Visit the Free Helpline page on the PaNDAS website
- Email support – If you’re at work or home and don’t have the privacy to speak to us, please contact our email support service. Our trained and empathetic volunteers are awaiting your email and will reply within 72 hours Visit the Email Support page on the PaNDAS website
- Support groups – Face-to-face support can offer a breath of fresh air if you’re a parent struggling with mental illness. We know how daunting baby groups can be, so we’ve designed ‘group support’ for parents to attend, specifically tailored around your mental health Visit the Support Groups page on the PaNDAS website
- WhatsApp Support – To use the service you can either use the QR code, or simply message 07903 508334 and you will be connected to one of our trained PANDAS volunteers. The service will be available every day from 8am to 10pm via WhatsApp.
We will do our very best to answer messages within 30 mins – 1 hour, but during very busy periods this may not always be possible. In such times we will endeavour to let you know via the messages you’ll receive through the service so that you are aware.
Once connected, the volunteer will listen to anything that is troubling you, providing support and signposting to services where appropriate.
It is free and confidential for users of this service, but please note that by using our services, you acknowledge and are in agreement that confidentially may be broken at any time for safeguarding reasons at our own discretion
- Online Support Groups – We know that getting out to a physical location can be tricky for some parents and carers, so we offer online support groups that you can join from the comfort of your own home (or anywhere with an internet connection). We have a weekly central call for all parents and carers and a bi-weekly group just for Dads too Visit the Online Support Groups page on the PaNDAS website
Who is this aimed at?
Parents affected by perinatal mental illness
Phone, Online, Email and in-person
How to get involved
For more information or support, please phone the free helpline, email or WhatsApp.
Phone: Free Helpline 0808 1961 776
WhatsApp: 07903 508334
For further information
For more information about PaNDAS search PaNDAS in this directory.
Visit the PaNDAS website
Visit the PaNDAS Facebook page