Wirral Multicultural Organisation's vision is for all members of the Black Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities to access universal services, feel safe in their neighbourhoods and be able to fulfil their aspirations.
Wirral Multicultural Organisation (WMO) is a registered charity and company limited by guarantee. Its purpose is to offer a range of professional and culturally sensitive services to improve the overall health and wellbeing of the local BAME communities. A key focus is to support more vulnerable members of the local BAME community by providing language support, advocacy, social support and activities and assistance to access primary care services, including advice and education services.
Our Objectives and Aims
- Provide a centre that acts as a focus for various community activities for the ethnic minority groups on the Wirral
- Provides multi-lingual workers to help people access timely advice and support regarding employment, health, social services, COVID specific information support including access to vaccination and testing, community education and welfare benefits advice
- Provides a translation and interpretation service to enable BAME communities to access health, social care and education services
- Through personal and remote contact, the provision of social and educational activities, with access to ESOL classes and other social and recreational activities
- By providing a preschool day nursery for local children from diverse backgrounds
For all people from BAME communities to be free from discrimination and racial injustice and to have equal and fair access to universal services, to feel safe, happy and included in their neighbourhoods and to be able to fulfil their aspirations.
- To promote multiculturalism through understanding, inclusion and celebration of the diverse communities residing in Wirral
- To embrace and support the different cultures, beliefs and religions and encourage communities to coexist harmoniously for the good of the wider community and to actively challenge and address racism and oppression that exists
- To offer a range of professional and culturally sensitive services to improve the overall health and wellbeing of the local BAME communities
- To actively support the more vulnerable members of the local BAME communities by providing language support, advocacy, social support and activities, and assistance to access health and social care services, including advice and education services
You can get in touch with us by phone or email or just drop into our Centre in Birkenhead to find out what is available to you. If you need some help to learn English or get help to find out about available welfare benefits, tax credits entitlements, or get some support to access health or other services, including COVID-19 information. We can also provide full daycare for your child aged between 0-5 years at our on-site Little World Day Nursery (charges may apply for nursery). WMO is a hate crime reporting Centre and can support people who experience rated hate.
Please see the list of specific services we currently offer:
- BAME Community Information and Social Welfare service
- Polish school and gatherings
- Tai Chi
- Translation & Interpretation Service
- ESOL Classes
- Wirral Chinese Cultural Association - Chinese School
- Coffee Mornings and Information & Advice Sessions
- Black, Asian Minority Ethnic (BAME) Health Link Project
- BAME COVID-19 Community Support Service
- Little Lungs Service (families with children under the age of two years)
- Little World Nursery (25 Place Day Nursery)
- BAME Hospital Advocacy Service
- One to one and group support for Asylum Seekers and Refugees
Out of Hours Support
Wirral Multicultural Organisation Translation and Interpretation service for people from the BAME community who may require language/interpretation support to make or attend a GP appointment.- all referrals to service must be made via WMO or GP Surgery.
Out of hours appointments can be arranged subject to availability (after 5pm and at weekends) all appointment requests must be made between the hours of 9am to 5pm via WMO or GP surgery.
There is no cost for interpretation support for referral via GP.
To request out of hours support, please use the contact details listed below.
Who is this aimed at?
The BAME community
Monday to Friday
9am to 5pm
Wirral Multicultural Organisation, 111 Conway Street, Wirral, CH41 4AF
How to get involved
Just come along and take the opportunity to talk to us.
Phone 0151 792 5116
For further information
For more information about Wirral Multicultural Organisation search Wirral Multicultural Organisation in this directory.
Visit the Wirral Multicultural Organisation Website
Visit the Wirral Multicultural Organisation Facebook page
Visit the Wirral Multicultural Organisation Twitter feed
Visit the Wirral Multicultural Organisation Instagram page