Carers UK information and support
Our telephone Helpline is available on 0808 808 7777 from Monday to Friday, 9am – 6pm or you can contact us by email email@example.com
We provide information and guidance to unpaid carers. This covers a range of subjects including:
- Benefits and financial support
- Your rights as a carer in the workplace
- Carers' assessments and how to get support in your caring role
- Services available to carers and the people you care for
- How to complain effectively and challenge decisions
If you feel you need help in these areas, or want to ask a question that might be helpful to you with your caring, please get in touch. We’re not always able to provide the same level of specialist advice by telephone as we can by email, so if we’re unable to help you in this way over the phone, we will tell you about other ways to get this support including guiding you towards other services and organisations that can offer support.
Please note, we’re often confused with the Carer’s Allowance Unit of the Department of Work and Pensions (DWP), who administer and pay Carer’s Allowance. We can help answer questions about Carer’s Allowance. However, because we are in no way linked to the DWP, we cannot update any details/circumstances that relate to your personal Carer’s Allowance claim or access your benefit claim file to see if your benefit has been paid.
- Our UPFRONT guide to caring is an online tool to help you find your way through the maze of benefits and entitlements. It is especially useful if you are new to caring – fill in your details, spend a couple of minutes answering questions and we'll guide you to the information you need
- Local carers organisations will have detailed information on the help and support available where you live, such as how to access carers assessments, emergency card schemes and local respite services.
Carers UK forum
The Carers UK Forum is our online community of carers and is available to Carers UK members 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. A few words from a fellow carer who understands what you’re going through can be a lifeline. So whether you need to share an experience, ask a question or simply let off some steam, log in and join the conversation.
If you're not a Carers UK member you can join now for free. We ask for a donation to support our work, but if you're not able to, that's absolutely fine – we're here for all carers who need us. Once you've joined details of how to log into the Carers UK Forum will be automatically emailed to you.
Who is this aimed at?
This is aimed at carers.
This is accessible Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.
20 Great Dover Street, London, SE1 4LX
This is available Monday to Friday from 9am to 6pm.
This is free to access.
How to get involved
To get involved visit the Carers UK website or phone: 0151 670 0777
Visit the Carers UK website
Phone: 0151 670 0777
For further information
Visit the Carers UK website